Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A New Approach to Choosing a Christmas Tree

The tree is up and decorated! After agonizing over whether or not to buy an artificial tree, we went and got a real one after all. I have to share with you my new approach to choosing a tree…

It was freezing cold and windy the night we went out to buy our tree. The trees were all tied up tightly with string and piled up against a wall.

I decided the only thing that really mattered was a straight branch at the top for our angel. She has been with us since our very first tree when we got married and we just love having her appear each year and share the holiday with us.

So I looked at all the trees, found one with the perfect top, and said “that’s the one”! The tree guy started to cut it loose in order for us to check out the shape. I told him not to bother. Just put it up on top of the car all wrapped up. We want to be surprised.

It was way too cold to be agonizing over tree shapes, and I figured if one side wasn’t great, I’d just face it against the wall.

Look how pretty it turned out to be!!

In a previous post I talked about how looking at all the trees and choosing the perfect one was part of the fun of buying a real tree. I was wrong. On this cold night our 10 minute quick decision time was just right.

Merry Christmas!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment